Back to Databases
Back to Main Site
Munsell colors matt
Munsell colors matt
Munsell colors glossy
Munsell colors glossy (all)
Agfa IT8.7/2 set
Programs & Macros
Obtaining & Unpacking
The reflectance spectra of 1250 matt Munsell
color chips. Each spectrum consists
of 61 elements that are raw data got from the output of the 12 bit A/D-converter
of the AOTF color measuring equipment. All the element values should be between
0 and 4096. However there can exist some values which are larger than 4096.
Those element values should be corrected to the value 4096. Furthermore there
exists some noise at the blue end of spectra. This was caused by the low intensity
of the illuminator at wavelengths below 420 nm. The illuminator was a standard
halogen lamp and 0/0 geometry was used when the samples were measured.
Measuring equipment: Acousto Optic Tunable Filter (AOTF).
Wavelength interval: 400 nm - 700 nm.
Wavelength resolution: 5 nm.
File formats: The available formats are ASCII and MATLAB.
Measurer: University of Kuopio, Finland.
Further information: email@example.com
- Munsell Book of Color - Matte Finish Collection (Munsell Color, Baltimore, Md., 1976).
- Parkkinen, J. P. S., Hallikainen, J. and Jaaskelainen, T.: ``Characteristic spectra of Munsell colors,''
Journal of the Optical Society of America, Vol. 6, No. 2, February 1989, pp. 318-322.
- Jaaskelainen, T., Parkkinen, J. and Toyooka, S.: ``Vector-subspace model for color representation,''
Journal of the Optical Society of America, Vol. 7, No. 4, April 1990, pp. 725-730.
- Parkkinen, J., Jaaskelainen, T. and Kuittinen, M.: ``Spectral representation of color images,''
IEEE 9th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Rome, Italy, 14-17, 1988, Vol. 2, pp. 933-935.
- Parkkinen, J., Oja, E. and Jaaskelainen T.: ``Color analysis by learning subspaces and optical processing,''
IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, San Diego, USA, July 24-27, 1988, Vol. 2, pp. 421-427.
- Hallikainen, J., Parkkinen, J. P. S. and Jaaskelainen, T.: ``Color image processing with AOTF,''
Proceedings of the 6th Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis, Oulu, Finland, June 19-22, 1989.
- Lenz R., Osterberg M., Hiltunen J., Jaaskelainen T. and Parkkinen J.: ``Unsupervised filtering of color spectra,'' Journal of the Optical Society of America, Vol. 13, No. 7, July 1996, pp. 1315-1324.