SciFest Blog and Photo Gallery
Links to SciFest Blog and Photo Gallery is added to Links page.
Sami Khuri Comes to Joensuu
Professor Sami Khuri comes to Joensuu to keep Bioinformatics workshop 22.–23.3.
Nokia Sponsors SciFest
Nokia brings N80 Internet Edition mobile phones to mobile phone workshop at SciFest.
Workshop registration is started!
Workshop registration is started. Only in finnish.
SciFest Breefing tue 2/6/2007
Welcome to SciFest breefing to Joensuu tuesday 2/6/2007 at 11:00. Place is AU300 (Aurora building, 3rd floor).
Details about the workshops
Details about the workshops are coming 2/26/07.
Members of advisory board:
- The Confederation of Finnish Industries EK: Director General Leif Fagernäs, Specialist Aira Viita, deputy member Specialist Timo Hahtala
- Helsingin Sanomat: Chief Editor Reetta Meriläinen
- Heureka, suomalainen tiedekeskus: Director Per-Edvin Persson, deputy member Special Planner Mirja Rosenberg
- State Provincial Officer of Eastern Finland: Governor Pirjo Ala-Kapee, deputy member Director of Education and Culture Eija Pääkkö
- City of Joensuu: Mayor Juhani Meriläinen
- University of Joensuu/Faculty of Education: Rector Heikki Happonen, deputy member Lecturer Kari Sormunen
- University of Joensuu/Faculty of Science: Director Markku Hauta-Kasari, deputy member professori Markku Tukiainen
- University of Joensuu/Faculty of Forestry: Head of Administration Kaisa Laitinen, deputy member Senior Assistant Katri Luostarinen
- University of Joensuu/Faculty of Science, Department of Computer Science and Statistics: Head of Department, Professor Erkki Sutinen
- Karjalainen: Chief Editor Pekka Mervola
- The Chair of the Kids' Club: Chair Marjo Virnes
- The Association of Biology and Geography Teachers r.a.: Kaija Keski-Honkola, Saku Punkari
- MAOL ry: Authorized representative is named later.
- Finnish Forest Research Institute/Joensuu Research Unit: The Head of the research unit Jari Parviainen, deputy member professor Tuula Nuutinen
- The Finnish National Board of Education: Director General Kirsi Lindroos, deputy member Counsellor of Education Marja Montonen
- Save the Children Finland: Secretary General Hanna Markkula-Kivisilta
- North Karelia University of Applied Sciences: President Vesa Saarikoski, deputy member Vice President Raimo Saarelainen
- North Carelian Chamber of Commerce: Chairman of the Committee Harri Broman
- Regien of North Karelia: Executive Director Pentti Hyttinen, deputy member Planning Director Risto Poutiainen
- Employment and Economic Development Centre for North Karelia: The Head of the Technology Unit, Technology Specialist Kalevi Pölönen, deputy member Technology Specialist Kari Korhonen
- North Karelian Enterprisers: Organization Secretary Merja Blomberg, deputy member Managing Director Jouni Mönkkönen
- Academy of Finland: President Raimo Väyrynen, deputy member Communications Director Maj-Lis Tanner
- Sitra, the Finnish Innovation Fund: Director Antti Hautamäki
- TEKES, Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation: Debuty Director General Martti af Heurlin, deputy member Senior Technology Adviser Kalevi Pölönen
- Technology Industries of Finland: Specialist, School and Enterprise Collaborator Pirkko Pitkäpaasi
- TIEKE, Finnish Information Society Development Centre: Executive Director Aatto J. Repo, deputy member Product Manager Merja Sjöblom
- University of Pretoria, South Africa: Professor Johannes Cronje
- Åbo Akademi: Professor em. Bengt Stenlund, deputy member Licentiate in Technology Mona Grönstrand
- Finnish Association of Career Counsellors: Chairman Heli Piikkilä
- Finnish Society for Computer Science: Professor Jukka Paakki, deputy member professor
Rector of the University of Joensuu Perttu Vartiainen is the chairman of the advisory board.
Members of the strategic group:
- Head of the Department of Computer Science and Statistics, professor Erkki Sutinen, University of Joensuu, chairman of the strategic group
- Assistant Ilkka Jormanainen, University of Joensuu
- Honorary Councillor Matti Halonen
- Rector Heikki Happonen, University of Joensuu
- Executive Planning Officer Elina Hartikainen, University of Joensuu
- Executive Planning Officer Kirsi Karjalainen, University of Joensuu
- Planning Officer Olli Kauppinen, Town of Joensuu
- Executive Planning Officer Timo Rui, University of Joensuu
- Teacher Mika Vanhanen, Town of Joensuu
- Rector Timo Vattulainen, Town of Lieksa
- Project Manager Marjo Virnes, University of Joensuu