Seminar consists of 12-15 presentations. Each participant gives presentation on selected topic from his/her own research, or on selected scientific paper including experimental results. Participation for, at minimum, 10 other presentations required. The course is recommended for PhD students.
Organizer: Pasi Fränti
Duration: 9.1. to 31.12.2013
Times: 10-15 sessions
Place: Conference room 330
14.1. 14:00 Karol Waga: Location-based recommendation systems 16.1. 10:00 Xin Sun: Recommending destination via routes of other users 18.1. 14:00 Pasi Fränti: Detecting movement type from GPS track 21.1. 14:00 Radu Mariescu-Istodor: Recommending events for mobile users 24.1 14:00 Xin Sun: Predicting destination - part 2 28.1. 14:00 Andrei Tabarcea & Matti Mononen: Web content mining 11.2. 14:00 Chaitanya Khurana: Utilizing social networks 18.2. 14:00 Radu Mariescu-Istodor: Recommending events - part 2 3.6. 14:00 Ernesto Gomez: (topic to appear) 10.10. 14:00 Mohammad Rezaei: Grid-Based clustering for photo collectionsSeminar continues as SIPU Research Seminar during October 2013
Guidelines for Oral Presentations
Scientific Presentation Skills (by Jean Luc Lebrun)
Design reviewer (slides and visuals):
- Was the introduction / body / conclusion of the presentation convincing?
- Did the presentation title correspond to the content of the presentation?
- Who were the contributors to the presentation?
- Was the content correct for the target audience and was it useful?
- Was the audience able to keep up with the content and was it clear?
- Were the main ideas of the presentation clear?
- Were the slides clear and easy to follow?
- Did the slides contain too much or too little information?
- Were the colors and sizes of the font and visual (pictures, graphs) adequate?
- Were the main points of the presentation properly emphesized?
- Did the slides help the credibility of the presenter?
- Did the slide design catch the attention of the audience?
- Was the speech clear and well paced?
- Was the presenter convincing?
- Did the presenter have good eye contact, posture and gestures?
- Was the presenter able to keep the attention of the audience?
- How the presenter managed the equipment?
- How prepared was the presenter for the Q&A?
- Did the presenter hadle the questions well?
- Did the presenter answer correctly to the question?