11th KOLI CALLING INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTING EDUCATION RESEARCH
November 17th to 20th, 2011
Koli National Park, Finland
Koli Calling is one of the leading international conferences dedicated to the exchange of research and practice relevant to Scholarship of Teaching and Learning and Education Research in the Computing disciplines. Koli Calling aims to publish high quality research that combines teaching and learning experiences with solid, theoretically anchored research. The 2011 conference is organized by University of Connecticut (USA) in collaboration with the Aalto University (Finland), and the University of Eastern Finland. All papers will be double blind peer reviewed. The language of the conference is English.
You are warmly welcome to participate 11th Koli Calling conference that is known for its moderate size, intimate atmosphere, and lively discussions. The conference is held in the inspiring surroundings of the Koli National Park in Eastern Finland, an hour's drive north of the city of Joensuu.News:
- October, 31st 2011, preliminary program published.
- October, 25th 2011, updated information about Koli Doctoral Consortium, and Workshop on secondary computing education.
- September, 20th 2011, updated travelling information is available.
- September, 5th 2011, conference registration is now open.
- August 15th 2011, added Call for Proposals to Koli Calling Doctoral Consortium
- June 7th 2011, added slack to submission deadline, see Important Dates for deadlines.
- May 3rd 2011, added Call for participation: "Teaching computing at school and training computing teachers", a workshop on secondary computing education and the training of secondary computing teachers
- April 13th 2011, Call for papers now available.
- March 9th 2011, Koli Calling Web Site moved to a new CMS
Original submissions in all areas related to the conference theme are welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Computing education research: methodologies and results
- Educational technology, software, and tools
- Use of technology to support education in computing and related sciences
- Tools for visualization or concretization
- Teaching innovations, best practices, experience, assessment development and case studies in Computing Education
- Distance education, virtual and open universities in computing
- Martti Penttonen, University of Eastern Finland. ICT at service of endangered languages
- A Doctoral Consortium for PhD students studying computing education
- DC takes place on Thursday 17th of November 10-17
- Room 2D309, Tiedepuiso (Länsikatu 15)
- "Teaching computing at school and training computing teachers", a workshop on secondary computing education and the training of secondary computing teachers. See Call For Participation for more details.
- The Workshop will take place as a session during Koli, no extra fees or registration required.
- The survey is open: https://www.soscisurvey.de/CSEatSchools/
- Paper submission and reviewing will be managed using EasyChair.
Robert McCartney, University of Connecticut, USA
Ari Korhonen, Aalto University, Finland
LOCAL ARRANGEMENTSSchool of Computing, University of Eastern Finland