General Information 2010
10th KOLI CALLING INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMPUTING EDUCATION RESEARCH
October 28th to 31st, 2010
Koli National Park, Finland
You are warmly welcome to participate 10th Koli Calling conference where we will continue the tradition of combining the dissemination of teaching and learning practice with solid, theoretically anchored computing education research (CER). The conference celebrates its tenth anniversary this year in the beautiful surroundings of the Koli National Park.The conference is known for its moderate size, intimate atmosphere, and lively discussions. All papers will be double blind peer reviewed. The language of the conference is English.
- October 7, Tentative full programme of the conference is now available.
- September 13, Program draft and information about the conference and hotel charges are availble.
- September 10, Registration for Koli Calling 2010 is now open
- October 27; Also this year we have a Koli Doctoral Consortium workshop where PhD students are able to receive constructive and supportive feedback to their PhD studies. The chair of the Koli DC consortium is Maria Knobelsdorf (maria.knobelsdorf@[REMOVE_SPAM]fu-berlin.de), Freie Universität Berlin/ Universität Potsdam, Germany
- June 2nd, 2010, Opportunity to re-submission slack of one week
- March 24th 2010, Call for papers Koli Calling 2010 now available.
Original submissions in all areas related to the conference theme are welcome. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Computing education research: methodologies and results
- Educational technology, software, and tools
- Use of technology to support education in computing and related sciences
- Tools for visualization or concretization
- Teaching innovations, best practices, experience, assessment development and case studies in Computing Education
- Distance education, virtual and open universities in computing
- "What's Next for Programming Teaching Tools - Thoughts and Speculations"; Prof. Michael Kölling, School of Computing, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK.
- "10th anniversary: Past and Future of Koli Calling"; Prof. Erkki Sutinen, University of Eastern, Finland. Supported by Prof. Lauri Malmi, Aalto University, Finland and Prof. Tapio Salakoski, University of Turku, Finland
The aims of the workshop are:
- To offer a friendly forum for students to discuss their research topics, research questions and design in computing education / educational technology
- To receive constructive feedback from their peers and senior researchers.
- To support networking with other researchers in the computing education research field.
- To discuss any relevant questions related to research and academic life.
Carsten Schulte, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany
Jarkko Suhonen, University of Eastern Finland, Finland